Guidelines for Food Pantries
For the safety of staff, volunteers and clients, we’ve updated the Guidelines for Food Pantries (updated March 26, 2020)
If you are unable to abide by these best practices due to the size of your food pantry or other reasons, consider merging with a larger food pantry or donating your food to a local food bank until the spread of COVID 19 is no longer a concern.
Host a Virtual Food Drive
Food collection and distribution is emerging as a critical issue in the wake of the pandemic. Check out our resources here.
- Host a virtual food drive for the Community Food Bank of New Jersey. Virtual Food Drives allows CFBNJ to serve more clients, more efficiently. It’s fast, easy and fun too! Learn more about virtual food drives here.
- Support local organizations by hosting an online drive for a charity of your choice via yougivegoods.com. You can host a virtual drive to support a wide variety of organizations, from those that distribute food to those that support homeless shelters or disaster relief efforts. They have an A+ Better Business Bureau rating. Learn more here.
- Host a virtual food drive for the Food Bank of South Jersey
Ways to Support Food Pantries
Many of our neighbors in need are already feeling the economic impact of COVID-19, while others will find themselves struggling for the first time. Continued support is needed now more than ever. Give and encourage others at your church, work, and other networks to donate as well.
- Give to Community Food Bank of New Jersey
- Your company can help raise funds for COVID-19 response and our year-round hunger relief efforts by matching employee gifts dollar-for-dollar. If you’re interested in setting up a donation page for corporate giving, please contact Evelyn Chiu.
- Give to Fulfill Food Bank
- Give to Food Bank of South Jersey
Spread the Word
Together, we can help keep New Jersey fed, even during this time of crisis. Spread the word about your local food bank’s mission and needs to your friends, family, churches, and colleagues.
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey is currently accepting food donations at their Egg Harbor Township location, but NOT their Hillside location. Click here for more information. If your company or transportation service has an overage and would like to donate leftover product, please contact Gleny Herlihy.
- Fulfill Food Bank is accepting food donations listed here.
Donate hygiene items
- Fulfill Food Bank (Monmouth and Ocean Counties) is accepting hygiene items. View the hyperlink to learn what items are needed and how to donate.