Understanding Clergy Sexual Ethics
All clergy under appointment (including extension ministries), and those assigned (i.e. supply pastors, and approved certified lay ministers) are required to complete the training. This is an online, self-paced, and interactive course. GNJ annual conference legislation requires sexual ethics training. Your generous shared ministry giving has offset the cost of this course.
- Before enrolling read the enrollment instructions from the Lewis Center found here and on the top right of the enrollment page below.
- Enroll for Understanding Clergy Sexual Ethics here
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Choose “Continue.”
- Choose Group Enrollees. Using the appropriate group code is essential for pricing and group tracking.
• Clergy use this group code: GRP21992083070451
• Laity (i.e. supply pastor, approved certified lay minister) use this group code: GRP21994303658720
- Enter your email address.
- Create a password. (If you have enrolled in a Lewis Center Course in the past, you will use that old password.)
- Choose United Methodist Church and Greater New Jersey.
- Follow the necessary prompts to register.
3. Once registered, begin the course by selecting “View course” on the right-hand side of the page. Begin the course immediately! For optimal success, please schedule time over two to three weeks to complete the course, which is a total of approximately four to six hours of video learning and reading.
4. Save your certificate of course completion that will be emailed to you.
5. Log into your Arena profile page and upload your certificate.
To log back into the course go to lewisonlinelearning.org and click “Sign In” in the top right corner.
For questions about the GNJ requirements, please email Resource Manager, Megan McKay (email@example.com)
For assistance with registration through the Lewis Center, please email Lewis Center Program Manager, Rachel Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org)
UM Sexual Ethics website (https://www.resourceumc.org/en/partners/um-sexual-ethics/home) that brings together policies and resources related to issues of sexual abuse, harassment, and misconduct by clergy and other leaders in the United Methodist Church. It is a product of the sexual ethics taskforce of the United Methodist Church, which is convened by the Commission on the Status and Role of Women. The site has information for victims, local congregations, denominational leaders, as well as pastors.