Title: Director of High School Ministry Grade 9-12
Reports to: Associate Pastor for Family Ministry and Senior Pastor
Position Mission: To share the love and word of Jesus Christ with High School aged youth (grades 9-12)
- A genuine love of God and all of God’s people
- A humble faith in Jesus Christ reflected in a life of consistent Christian character
- High energy and strong communication skills, including technology and social media
- An ability to multi-task and deal with a variety of details and demands
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate Bible lessons and activates
Specific Duties: The director will
- Support and understand the larger vision and strategic plan of Trinity Church, and in consultation with the Associate Pastor of Family Ministry. The goal is to invite, train, develop and deploy Christian disciples.
- Recruit, train, and coach a group of laypersons who love Jesus Christ and enjoy working with students to serve in the ministry.
- Develop and stimulate students by utilizing multiple types of communications, including Instagram, Facebook, Discord, etc.
- Plan, organize, and conduct a variety of student ministries, including but not limited to:
- Weekly youth program (either in-person or virtually) from September to May
- Summer fellowship opportunities from July to August
- Annual student retreat
- Various events including but not limited to (Student Sunday, Rally Day, Senior Blessing, Welcoming Events for 9th grades, etc.)
- Be connected with high school students throughout the week.
- Recruit high school volunteers for the mission and ministry of the church, such as KidVenture, Worship Media Team, etc.
- Encourage high school students to attend worship services.
- Coordinate the annual IGNITE Student Ministry conference, B1 Fast weekend and all other quarterly mission project.
- Collaborate, as needed, with all other directors of Middle School Ministry, Trinity Singers, Trinity Ringers, Youth Praise Band, Confirmation leaders, etc.
- Offer opportunities for high school students to meet and work with middle school students.
- Be attentive to the need for pastoral care for students and their families and report in writing on their weekly contacts to the Associate Pastor.
- Develop and manage the High School Ministry budget, in consultation with the Associate Pastor and the Finance Ministry Team.
- Bi-weekly full church staff meetings, Wednesdays, 10:00 -11:00 am (if needed)
- Family ministry team meetings
- High School Ministry team meetings on a regular basis
- Weekly Vital-Signs statistical report / Attendance
- Monthly reports to the Administrative Board
- Reports as requested by pastors including weekly contact report
Hours: 15 hours weekly
To apply please contact: