Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Associate Pastor for Family Ministry and Senior Pastor
Position Mission: To share the love and word of Jesus Christ with children – nursery through 5th grade – and their families, through a variety of children’s ministry opportunities, such as in-person, virtual, and family outreach ministries.
- A genuine love of God and all of God’s people
- A humble faith in Jesus Christ reflected in a life of consistent Christian character
- High energy, strong communication skills including technology and social media
- An ability to multi-task and deal with a variety of details and demands
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate Bible lessons and activates
Specific Duties: The director will
- Develop a vision, in consultation with the Associate Pastor and Senior Pastor, and plan for the Children’s Ministry that will provide children with a solid Christian foundation of:
- biblical knowledge
- Christian discipleship
- worship understanding
- mission knowledge and experience.
- Provide leadership, support and, as needed, guidance for a variety of children’s ministry areas, including but not limited to:
- KidVenture – plan, organize, and conduct Sunday morning children’s ministry program with church school leaders
- Family Outreach and Supply Bags – create care-packages or supply bags and arrange volunteers to deliver them to families
- 4th/5th Grade Connection – plan and run small group meetings for 4th and 5th graders every other week (or arrange parent volunteers to run this program)
- Family Worship – Invite children and their family to monthly family worship
- Summer Program – plan and run summer activities for children
- Memorial Day Parade – prepare Memorial Day Parade with VBS Leader to promote summer program
- Children’s Events including but not limited to (Christmas Pageant, Bible Sunday, Bible Blast, Secret Angels, Easter Event, Blessing of the Backpacks, Family Ministry Events, etc.)
- Plan Christmas and May Appreciation Breakfast for church school leaders.
- Communicate and meet with the Associate Pastor, Director of Student Ministries and Administrative Assistant on a regular basis in order to envision, plan, implement and evaluate ministry.
- Assist the Director of Vacation Bible School and attend Vacation Bible School.
- Recruit, train, organize, nurture and encourage laypersons who love Jesus Christ and who desire to serve the Lord by using their spiritual gifts to lead, teach, mentor, assist and help children and their families.
- Be attentive to the need for pastoral care for children and their families and report in writing on their weekly contacts to the Associate Pastor.
- Develop and manage the Christian Education budget, in consultation with the Associate Pastor, Director of Student Ministry and the Finance Ministry Team.
- Nurture and grow a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through personal worship, devotions, Bible study, fellowship and service.
- Bi-weekly full church staff meetings, Wednesdays, 10 – 11:00 am (if needed)
- Bi-annual program planning meetings
- Family ministry team meetings
- KidVenture team meetings
- Volunteer training/orientation meetings (August)
- Weekly Vital-Signs statistical report / Attendance
- Monthly reports to the Administrative Board
- Reports as requested by pastors including weekly contact report
- Monthly Trinity Connection report
Hours: 25 hours weekly
Revised: April 2022
To apply please contact: