2021 Property Insurance Renewal Packets for Local Churches
2021 Property Insurance packets were mailed December 28 and 29, 2020. Please allow the post office up to 3 weeks for delivery with all the delays. If the Property insurance packet is needed immediately for the master certificate, location schedule, or customized audit form, please contact Gina Bonafede at Sovereign Insurance company at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy. Also, you can find the booklet, FAQ and blank audit form at the here.
The New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York churches in GNJ are included in this program. The program costs will be distributed to each church on a monthly basis.
The program provides coverage for property owned by conference churches and used for church-related activities. In addition, one and two family dwellings owned by a local church are included in the program. Property and General Liability coverage is afforded only to GNJ and its churches for activities under the direct, complete and active control of the local church.
The program is not intended to include non-church related properties owned in whole or in part by GNJ or a local church. Non-church related properties include camps, commercial, manufacturing, mercantile, or industrial buildings, apartment buildings, or residential properties, except one and two family dwellings. Specific coverage for these properties not eligible under this program is available upon request. Call Sovereign Insurance Group for more information.
The summary of coverage for all states booklet is mailed each year to each church and outlines the following:
- Package Insurance – Property, Crime, Equipment Breakdown, General Liability, Employee Benefits
- Liability, Sexual Abuse & Molestation Liability, Religious Counseling Liability,
- Umbrella Liability Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability and Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- Hired & Non-Owned Auto/Hired Car Physical Damage Liability Insurance
- Business Automobile Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Excess Liability Insurance
- Mission Trip Accident/Health Insurance
- Claims Administration
- Loss Control
- Request for Certificate of Insurance, Incident Report, Sample Release Forms
Initial Point of Contact
Your initial point of contact for insurance questions will be Tiffany Lupo from Sovereign Insurance Group who will coordinate service.
The following sections outline a few specific events or situations that need to be reported to Sovereign Insurance Group in a timely manner.
- Occurrence of a claim
- Planned additions or renovations to buildings
- Buildings become vacant or unoccupied
- Buildings are sold or disposed of
- Newly acquired buildings
- Planned new building construction
- Major acquisitions to contents such as carillon systems, organs, etc.
- Newly formed ministries or child care programs
- Addition or deletion of vehicles (if you participate in the Automobile Insurance Program)
- Mission trips overseas and domestic
The downloads available below provide additional information. There is uniformity of coverage for churches in Greater New Jersey and broader coverage than may be available on an individual basis for many churches. Other coverage not identified may be available or even provided. Questions should be addressed to Tiffany Lupo at Sovereign Insurance Group.