What is a Hope Center?
Hope Centers are located within communities and work with local residents to develop long term sustainable transformation.
- Create partnerships with community organizations, schools, churches, community leaders, businesses and elected officials.
- Connect and increase community resources.
- Work with under-served populations.
- Address specific needs to undergrid long term change
Hope Centers Throughout Greater New Jersey
Our goal is to partner with local churches to establish 100 Hope Centers throughout Greater New Jersey to link our congregation to mission within their communities. The following organizations are GNJ Hope Centers to date:
- Asbury UMC in Atlantic City
- Camden Urban Ministry Initiative
- CAMP YDP
- Christian Outreach Project
- Crisis Room, Aldersgate UMC in East Brunswick
- Hamilton UMC in Atlantic City
- Lacey UMC in Forked River
- Morristown UMC
- Pathways to Prosperty, Norwescap
- The Neighborhood Center
- St. Luke’s UMC in Long Branch
- Venice Park UMC in Atlantic City
- Wharton UCC