St. John’s UMC is seeking an energetic and motivated Worship Director to serve as a member of our church’s staff. This individual would lead in the following ways: planning and executing the Order of Worship for two weekly services; leading and developing a team of volunteers; and providing creativity and insight into our ongoing music programs.
The position is a 20 hour per week salaried position and reports directly to the Senior Pastor. Interested persons should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. John’s United Methodist Church in Turnersville, New Jersey is seeking a Part Time Director of Worship. St. John’s is located in Southern New Jersey, approximately 20 miles from Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and 40 miles from Atlantic City New Jersey. Our staff includes our Senior Pastor, Assistant Pastor, and Directors over the areas of Worship, Youth, Children’s, Communications, and Discipleship. Our Sunday worship services include an 8:30 AM traditional service and a 10:30 AM contemporary service. We seek a dynamic leader, passionate about leading others into worship.
- The Worship Leader has a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ and the ability to lead others to a loving relationship with Christ.
- The Worship Leader must demonstrate his/her faith in Jesus Christ by clearly articulating their salvation experience and present areas of growth in his/her faith.
- A B.A. or B.S. degree in music is preferred but not required.
- Have a minimum of three years of music ministry (church related preferred).
Detailed Job Overview:
- Must have the ability to organize, develop, implement, and maintain an on-going music ministry. This will include:
- Selection of new repertoire for both our Traditional worship service and our Contemporary service/Praise Team
- Planning and leading special services
- Leading worship:
- Assist Senior Pastor in the leading of worship on Sunday mornings, and other scheduled worship services
- Prepare and lead traditional and contemporary worship services
- Arrange appropriate music/musicians for evening services and special events
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the flow of a worship service and the leading of the Holy Spirit
- Lead weekly choir rehearsals and Praise Team rehearsals
- Coordinate and lead rehearsals related to other special programs/services
- Cooperate with others in the Music Ministry and delegate responsibility
- Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise, and encourage other music leaders
- Manage a yearly Music Ministry budget
- Assist in the coordination of all music groups
- Assist in the coordination of small group/soloist scheduled for worship
- Provide ongoing & effective communication throughout all music ministry volunteers
General Considerations and Expectations
- The Worship Leader will keep current in the field of church music through professional magazines, attending workshops and conferences, and networking with other music ministers
- The Worship Leader will report directly to the Senior Pastor in all ministry areas and coordinate time off in regard to music and worship leadership needs
- The Worship Leader should attend all required church meetings
- The Worship Leader should attend all ‘All Church’ social functions
If you are interested in being prayerfully considered for this part-time position, please send your resume to email@example.com (Jeff Leonard, Staff-Parish Chairperson). You may also send us any other materials you have such as a DVD or a link to a recent worship service you have led. Please mail any materials to:
St. John’s United Methodist Church Attn: Jeff Leonard, SPRC 149 Ganttown Road Turnersville N.J., 08012, 856-227-6567
Note that the materials you send will not be returned.