Our desire is that the passion of the church be the Glory of His Name. This person would lead us in worship with a pure heart and a calling from God as lead by the Holy Spirit with great passion.
Summary of Key Job Functions:
- Work in conjunction with the Pastor and Director of Communications, providing information and details pertaining to planned elements of the traditional worship service, for the bulletin, email newsletter and other forms of communication.
- Develop and coordinate with the Music & Artistic team, all artistic elements for each traditional service which shall include, but not be limited to choir, conducting a choir, hand bells and conducting a hand bell choir, vocal/instrumental music, congregational music, drama, video, readings and dance.
- Attend/direct any required practices. Be a musical accompanist for choir.
- Engage in the life of the congregation. Develop a Music & Artistic team to seek and recognize gifts among the body of Christ to recruit, train and sustain volunteers to participate in the artistic elements of each service.
- Attend all Worship & Music Committee meetings, including planning and scheduling of Sunday traditional service.
- Provide input for the development and maintenance of a budget for Worship & Music.
- Cast vision and set goals for the Music & Artistic Ministry in line with the mission and vision of the First United Methodist Church of Cape May Court House.
- Develop and implement the structure and strategy to achieve these goals.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Pastor and/or the Worship & Music Committee.
- Music education background.
- Is an energetic, organized and artistically creative individual.
- Is a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability in recruiting, training and supporting volunteers.
- Ability in developing and maintaining a Music & Artistic Ministry.
- Experience working with music and artistic elements and volunteers, preferably in a church environment.
- A minimum of two (2) weeks’ Notice Resignation Letter be given to 5/PPRC.
- There will be one (1) work week paid vacation during the first year of employment and two (2) work weeks paid vacation per year after the completion of the first year of employment, three (3) work weeks paid vacation upon completion of five (5) years and four (4) work weeks paid vacation per year upon completion of fifteen years of vacation days will not accrue from year to year.
- Accrue up to 40 hours of sick time. The sick time cannot exceed 40 hours.
- Five (5) days with regular pay, not calculated as vacation time, to attend a mission trip sanctioned by First United Methodist Church of Cape May Court House. Such a mission trip is to be undertaken only at the employee’s own expense and nothing obligates the church to fund any part of the trip.
- All requests for time off must be submitted at least two (2) weeks in advance to the S/PPRC.
The Music & Artistic Director, with the approval of the S/PPRC, will be given time for attendance of continuing educations and/or spiritual renewal events that will serve their professional and/or spiritual growth with pay as per the Discipline of The United Methodist Church.
Job Performance Review:
- Reports to the Staff Pastor-Parish Relations Committee.
- There will be a 90-day probationary period and a performance review will be conducted at 30-, 60- and 90-day intervals.
- Time-off benefit will begin after the 60-day review.
- The S/PPRC will submit its recommendation to the Administrative Board.
- A performance review will be held annually by the S/PPRC.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply, email here.