The Construction Project Coordinator will work with the Greater New Jersey Conference of the United Methodist Church disaster recovery efforts in assisting communities impacted by Hurricane Ida to provide home repairs that will allow homeowners to reestablish normalcy. The Coordinator will collaborate with the Disaster Recovery Case Coordinators and the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Coordinate and provide logistical support to volunteer construction teams or professional contractors.
- Identify skills needed for home construction repairs to make available for volunteer recruitment.
- Communicate with case management on all client needs and construction repairs.
- Develop the scope of work from the construction assessments of damaged homes, being mindful of keeping in the budget, to be used by the volunteer teams for completed work or for contracting with professional contractors.
- Lead home repair projects, working with volunteer repair teams of varying abilities, and providing construction management oversight.
- Execute program goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with case management on budget funding and expenses.
- Supervise volunteer construction teams on individual projects.
- Maintain detailed records of material costs associated with individual projects.
- Coordinate material delivery for individual projects, arranging for timely delivery as needed to accommodate volunteer work team schedules.
- Ensure the quality control of each project as intended by the original project scope of work.
- Trouble‐shoot and identify construction problems, offering timely and safe solutions.
- Ensure the project proceeds in a timely manner.
- Manage tool and materials inventory for each project.
- Participate in appropriate staff and team meetings.
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence.
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality.
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action.
- Attend to details and deadlines.
- Inspire and influence people to achieve challenging goals and positive results.
- Develop innovative solutions, brainstorm ideas and see from various perspectives.
- Adapt to an ever-changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly.
- Ability to maintain ethical conduct in accordance with organizational policy.
- Ability to maintain high standards for protecting client information, sharing confidential information (including but not limited to financial and personal information) only as agreed upon by the client and as evidenced by a signed release form.
- Ability to work calmly and to effectively resolve conflicts in sensitive situations; ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstration of strong inter-personal skills,
- Awareness of the impact of the disaster on the community, the family, and the individual
- Ability to maintain appropriate service boundaries.
- Home Repair Contract Registration in New Jersey
- Completion of UMCOR disaster recovery case management training.
- Completion of safety screening as evidenced by a background check.
- Be computer literate, able to utilize word processing, database, and spreadsheet software. demonstrate the ability to learn new and/or customized software.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle to be able to drive long distances in all areas within the service area.
- High school or equivalent with one year project management experience and three years construction project experience.
The position requires evening and weekend responsibilities and travel beyond the office.
Covid-19 Precautions – We adhere to the CDC and State of New Jersey covid-19 orders and guidelines.