Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time, Limited Term (24 months) | Band Description: Administrative Leader | Supervisor: Disaster Recovery Coordinator and GNJ CFO Treasurer
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders tomake disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission,capable of growth and valued.
The Grant Monitor and Evaluator is responsible for tracking data collection, program indicators and financial expenditures to ensure that so that they adhere to grant compliance requirements. They are responsible for completing all grant progress reports. They will work closely with the bookkeeper and GNJ’s accounting department, ensuring grant compliance for a successful Greater New Jersey Ida Recovery.
- Manage administration of the grant cycle from award to closing; ensures that general and specific grant requirements are met, and payments are appropriate
- Track program implementation
- Complete and follow data collection as required for grant progress reports
- Prepare grant monitoring reports
- Ensure the adherence to grantmaking workflow processes and procedures
- Work closely with staff to prepare and review financial reports to perform grant due-diligence procedures and identify potential concerns
- Prepare reports for meetings as requested
- Participate in appropriate staff and team meetings
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates peopleto action
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Understand accounting best practices
- Ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated fiscal management skills, including grant administration policies and procedures.
- Strategic thinking and ability to effectively move thinking to plans, plans to action and action to results
- Competent and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with financial software
- Minimum of two years of grant monitoring and evaluation experience
Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or related field or similar job experience
This position works in a hybrid model from the main office located in Neptune, NJ
Covid-19 Precautions – We adhere to the CDC and State of New Jersey covid-19 orders and guidelines.