April 1- August 1, 2022
St. Peter’s United Methodist Church of Ocean City, NJ
2022 Youth Ministry Internship
Young people today crave authenticity; they want to feel known, but the world they live in is pulling them apart – digitally, socially, spiritually. Instead of feeling known, they are feeling detached, isolated and anxious. Every kid needs to know they are not alone and that someone is for them. You can be that someone who makes the difference.
Thriving youth ministry program seeking to hire an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the current youth ministry landscape, including various social media platforms. Intern would have a staff advisor available for mentoring and planning. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking skills and a creative spirit in order to excite our youth and create vibrant and passionate opportunities for ministry.
- Co-lead Sunday night youth group meetings and Wednesday night hangout sessions
- Innovate new experiences to help grow youth ministry program.
- Organize a summer mission trip with the assistance of the Director of Youth Ministry
- Assist with online outreach and promotion; Optimize website and social media \
- Youth Ministry, Ministry or Teaching major (other majors will be considered)
- 3 years of experience in youth group (or at least a Sophomore in College)
- Solid understanding of current trends in youth ministry
- Energetic, creative, passionate, Christian
- Hard-working and team-oriented
- Must pass a background check
- Practical experience in a vibrant youth ministry setting
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced,
- Flexible schedule for students
- $2500 Stipend
Send Resumes to: email@example.com