Sparta UMC is seeking a creative, energetic and committed Director of Youth and Children’s Ministry for approximately 15-20 hours per week. Responsibilities include organizing and leading youth ministry opportunities as well as overseeing and supervising children’s workers in Sunday School and VBS.
- Faith in Jesus Christ in spirit and in practice
- Welcoming and invitational to a diverse group of persons
- Called and committed to working with children and youth
- Relational skills with students and adults, with a keen understanding of issues and concerns of young people in today’s world
- Ability to recruit and work collaboratively with volunteers and parents
- High energy, creative and well organized
- Strong communication skills including technology and social media
- Ability to plan group/age specific program of education, mission, and social/fellowship activities
- Plan and lead youth group meetings, mission opportunities and activities year round in consultation with the Committee on Youth and Children’s ministry
- Build relationships and encourage participation beyond Sparta UMC with district, conference, and ecumenical events for young people (IGNITE, etc.)
- Work with Sunday School staff to plan and develop effective and meaningful children’s program
- Work with laity in the congregation to plan and carry out a summer children’s program such as VBS or similar program
- Communicate with children, youth and parents regularly
- Recruit and train adult leadership for youth and children’s ministry
For complete job description and further information, please send resumé and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.