Next Generation Ministries of Greater New Jersey | A GNJ Vital Mission Partner
Title: Aldersgate Caretaker
Classification: Non-exempt. 10 hours/wk.
Supervisor: Executive Director of Next Gen
We cultivate and catalyze new generations of enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ that connect, grow and lead in their congregations and communities to transform the world.
Next Gen values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
Next Generation Ministries view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Aldersgate Caretaker provides for grounds keeping and light repair work at the Aldersgate properties. This position also makes regular observation of the Aldersgate properties, reports any major damages, and repairs or arranges for the repair of damages when appropriate.
- Mow the properties so that they are kept accessible and orderly
- Keep the mower and other essential equipment serviceable within budget so that all equipment is ready and working well when needed
- Ensure the buildings are secure and monitor for signs of trespassing so that any damage or unauthorized entries are prevented or addressed immediately
- Clear any new debris from buildings and roads so that the properties remain accessible
- Do light repair work and improvements within budget at the Dietz property as directed and coordinated by the Aldersgate Leadership Team so that the Dietz property continues to be improved and becomes more usable
- Serve as a participant or as a project manager on projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an everchanging work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Manage multiple projects with differing needs simultaneously
- Interpret needs and requests into solutions that use existing resources
- Predict possible problems and hazards and implement preventative measures
- Able to accomplish the physical demands of maintenance and grounds keeping
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with preventative maintenance
Education and Skills
- Knowledge of how to operate, maintain, and service maintenance equipment
The position works regularly from the Aldersgate Camp & Retreat Center properties.
- Click here to download application in PDF
- Click here to download application in Word
- Click here for application instructions
- Click here to see other job opportunities and resources