Dear GNJ Family,
I am happy to announce that Rev. Ronell Howard will be the new District Superintendent starting January 1, 2023 for the Central District which covers from Trenton New Jersey to the Jersey Shore. She will be replacing Bishop Hector Burgos who was elected a bishop and will be serving the Upper New York Conference.
Presently Ronell is a part of the Metro Highlands Region Team working to develop clergy and congregations in that region and overseeing A Journey of Hope to end the sin of racism for GNJ. Some of the highlights of Ronell’s ministry and calling are the following.
- Native of Fort Smith, Arkansas who was raised in New York City.
- Graduated from the State University of New York at Stony Brook with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature.
- Before answering the call to ministry, she honed her administrative and managerial skills at Coca Cola Enterprises in Queens, NY.
- Earned Master of Divinity degree from Princeton Theological Seminary where she also received the Jagow Award for Excellence on Homiletics and Speech.
- Upon graduation she served as a pastoral resident in the Transition into Ministry Program funded by the Lilly Endowment.
- Ordained in the American Baptist Churches USA of Metropolitan New York and became a United Methodist and received as an Elder of the Greater New Jersey Annual Conference.
- While serving as a United Methodist pastor in Norwalk, CT, she facilitated the joining of two churches to form Cornerstone Community Church.
- Served as the Lead Pastor of Christ United Methodist Church in Piscataway, NJ.
- In her free time, Ronell loves to travel, garden, draw/paint, and follow all things Star Wars and Marvel Cinematic Universe. She loves spending time with family and friends and is the queen of spoiling her two dogs, Rocky and Robyn Fenty.
Please join me in welcoming and praying for Superintendent Rev. Ronell Howard.
Keep the faith!
Bishop John Schol
The United Methodists of
Greater New Jersey & Eastern Pennsylvania
BishopJohnSchol@epaumc.church | 484-474-0939
BishopJohnSchol@gnjumc.org | 732-359-1010
Equipping transformational leaders for
New Disciples | Vital Congregations | Transformed World