The Greater New Jersey Conference Ida Recovery Team wants to conduct community outreach events to seek input from and about households that were impacted by Hurricane Ida’s floods and still need assistance.
Everyone’s input is important for designing a feasible disaster recovery program to address community needs. These events will share information related to:
- The extent of damage in different communities/areas.
- The team’s recovery goals and program.
- The help and resources the team can provide.
Anyone interested in attending or hosting these events at local churches should sign up to for available dates and times.
Opportunities for Support and Service
The Ida Recovery Team also wants to provide opportunities to serve and support families that have been impacted by Hurricane Ida’s floods. The team will offer events at local churches to recruit volunteers and solicit donations. They will also share information about:
- The scope of the damage and recovery landscape.
- The team’s recovery goals and progress toward goals.
- How congregations can help meet needs among impacted households.
- Procedures to sign up as volunteers and to give donations.
Anyone interested in attending or hosting these events at local churches should sign up to for available dates and times. For more information, visit the project’s web page or contact Disaster Recovery Coordinator Andrea Wren-Hardin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-598-8872. View our A Future with Hope videos promoting our ongoing recovery efforts and the need for more volunteers.