Middletown United Methodist Church
924 Middletown-Lincroft Road
Middletown, NJ 07748
Part-time / Salary
Approximately 15-20 hours per week (flexible schedule)
General Purpose of Position:
The Family Ministries Leader is responsible for the youth, children, and young adult ministries, in that priority order.
Organizational Relationship, Training, and Supervision:
The Family Ministries Leader will attend leadership programs, as necessary, provided through the Annual Conference and by the church. The Leader will be accountable to the Pastor and SPRC and responsible to the Family Ministries team. The Leader will provide reporting based on the requirements of the SPRC, will receive monthly feedback from the Family Ministries Team, and have weekly self-assessment and discussion with the Pastor.
- Youth Ministry (Middle & High Schooler): Our primary youth ministry is the youth group, their activities, retreats, mission encounters, and a new summer camp for this age group. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: organization, planning, publicizing, promotion, youth and parent interaction, and the recruiting and training volunteers. The new leader will be directly responsible for the youth ministry.
- Children Ministry (Pre-School & Elementary age): Our primary children ministries are: Learning Path Preschool, Children’s Sunday School, Wednesday Nights, and Summer Camp. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to: assisting the current teams that are leading the multiple ministries, recruit and train volunteers, develop an overall view for the children’s ministries, promotion and publicity, children and parent interaction. The new leader will have joint responsibility for the children’s ministries with the various teams that are currently leading them.
- Young Adult Ministries (Post High School age): Currently while we do have young adults involved with the church family, we have no organized young adult ministry. The responsibilities of this position are: visioning and strategizing, forming relationships with young adults in the community and church, launching a new ministry/small group within first 14 months, promotion and publicity, possible outreach to Brookdale Community College, and recruiting a team for this ministry. The new leader will have direct responsibility for the young adult ministry.
- Understand that this job is a ministry and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live his/her life in accordance with Biblical principles and be a role model to our children, youth, and young adults.
- Must be a team player.
- Must complete the Safe Sanctuary training of Middletown United Methodist Church.
- Must be at least 21 years’ old.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Self-motivated, independent and of excellent character.
- Knowledge of Family Ministries and Christian Education concepts and methods.
Position Requirements: This position requires a minimum 1-year commitment. When applying, please supply references, work history, and letters of recommendation. Range of compensation: $12,000-20,000 annually
Contact the Middletown UMC office at: email@example.com.