Trinity Church UMC, Hackettstown
213 Main Street
Hackettstown, NJ 07840
Title: Director of Middle School Ministry, Grades 6-8
Reports to: Associate Pastor for Family Ministry and Senior Pastor
Position Mission: To share the love and word of Jesus Christ with Middle School aged youth (grades 6-8)
- A genuine love of God and all of God’s people
- A humble faith in Jesus Christ reflected in a life of consistent Christian character
- High energy and strong communication skills including technology and social media
- An ability to multi-task and deal with a variety of details and demands
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate Bible lessons and activities
The director will:
- Support and understand the larger vision and strategic plan of Trinity Church, and in consultant with Associate Pastor of Family Ministry, will develop and communicate the vision for this program. The goal is to invite, train, develop and deploy Christian disciples.
- Recruit, train, and coach a group of laypersons who love Jesus Christ and enjoy working with students to serve in the ministry.
- Develop and stimulate students by utilizing multiple types of communications, including Instagram and Facebook.
- Plan, organize, and conduct a variety of student ministries, including but not limited to:
- Weekly youth program (either in-person or virtually) from September to May
- Summer fellowship opportunities from July to August
- Annual student retreat
- Various events including but not limited to (Rally Day, Welcoming event for 6th, etc.)
- Sunday Morning 6-7 grades programs
- Coordinate the annual IGNITE Student Ministry conference, B1 Fast weekend and all other quarterly mission projects.
- Collaborate, as needed, with all other directors of High School Ministry, Music Makers, Trinity Ringers, Youth Praise Band, Confirmation leaders, etc.
- Offer opportunities for middle school students to meet and work with high school students.
- Be attentive to the need for pastoral care for students and their families and report in writing on their weekly contacts to the Associate Pastor.
- Develop and manage the Middle School Ministry budget, in consultation with the Associate Pastor and the Finance Ministry Team.
- Bi-weekly full church staff meetings, Wednesdays, 10:00 -11:30 am (non-mandatory)
- Family ministry team meetings
- Middle School Ministry team meetings on a regular basis
- Weekly Vital-Signs statistical report / Attendance
- Monthly reports to the Administrative Board & Lay Personnel MT
- Reports as requested by pastors including weekly contact report
- Monthly Tidings report
Hours: 12 hours weekly