The Director of Christian Education Ministries is responsible for overseeing Grace Church’s Christian Education for youth and children. This includes being responsible for initiating, developing and enabling (resourcing) the Christian education ministries of the church in accordance with the educational philosophy and policy determined by the Church Council.
The Grace United Methodist Church Employee Handbook provides the policies and procedures, as well as outlines the benefits available to all eligible employees.
Salary range of $10,000-20,000 depending on experience and abilities. Time off includes one week in the first 6 months and two weeks off after one full year of service, along with holidays and sick days, per the Employee Handbook.
- Recruit, train and support a staff of volunteers to conduct an active ministry to children, students and adults, including:
- Sunday School Classes (Cribs- Senior High)
- Summer Sunday School (Cribs-Grade 5)
- Kid Ministry
- Purchase/develop, implement and evaluate curriculum; conduct periodic meetings for volunteer staff to evaluate program, including a summer prep meeting for the fall
- Have teachers maintain bulletin board displays in Education wing
- Plan major celebrations, projects and mission emphases and secure volunteers (as needed) for the following:
- Homecoming Sunday in September
- 9/11 Flag Planting
- Bible Presentation Sunday
- Joint Project w/Mission Committee Thanks for Giving
- Advent Family Workshop / Family Ministry Event
- Souper Bowl Sunday playlets (may be in conjunction with Youth Ministry)
- Holy Week – Palm Sunday – Journey to the Cross
- Easter Saturday Family Ministry Event
- Annual Children’s Day Program
- Teacher of the Year Recognition / Appreciation Luncheon
- Vacation Bible School
- Secure building after use on Sunday and during the week (if present).
- Develop budget for upcoming fiscal year; monitor costs against approved budget
- Maintain accurate record of participation in all activities
- Maintain the classroom supplies; purchase items as needed and manage inventory.
- Develop publicity for various activities to be provided in newsletters, through social media, etc.
Meetings to Attend:
- Scheduled staff meetings, and pastoral meetings
- Scholarship Committee member
- Available to work 15-20 hours per week, especially Sunday’s
- 2-3 years’ experience preferred
- Proficient in basic computing (e.g., Internet, Microsoft applications, Google Suite)
- Excellent communication skills
Contact Pastor Brian Neville at email@example.com with an introduction and resume attached by July 31st, 2022.