Band Description: Manager Leader
Supervisor: Director of Connectional Ministries in collaboration with the Chair of AFWH Board
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Disaster Response Coordinator organizes and directs efforts to identify work sites, recruit volunteers, and raise and allocate funds within Greater New Jersey. The coordinator also works collaboratively with A Future With Hope Inc. to create systems and best practices for disaster response across Greater New Jersey.
- Organize and oversee teams to plan, organize and implement disaster response in GNJ so that the program goals are achieved
- Supervise recovery staff, particularly in the areas of volunteer coordination, case management, and construction management
- Recruit and solicit volunteers, equipment and supplies through churches, non-profits, and government agencies so that there are sufficient resources and volunteers to achieve the goals of the program
- Develop and implement the processes, systems, and training for volunteers so that state health and safety guidelines are followed
- In collaboration with the communication team, develop and implement a marketing plan to promote disaster response events and to recruit volunteers
- Use data and analytics to create weekly reports on access, number of persons served, number of volunteers, resources distributed, and effectiveness of the system
- Collaborate with the Hope Center Developer for the coordination of logistics for events, trainings, and meetings.
- Participate in appropriate staff and team meetings
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Inspire and influence people to achieve challenging goals and positive results
- Develop innovative solutions, brainstorm ideas and see from various perspectives
- Adapt to an ever changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Competent and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with Google analytics and data
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and WordPress
- 1-5 years of experience in program development, people management, and project management
- Ability to think theologically
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
The position requires evening and weekend responsibilities and travel beyond the office. The position works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ.