July 10-July 12
The 2015 Cooperative School of Christian Mission (Mission U) is a great educational opportunity for local churches across Greater New Jersey. Mission U provides an economic educational weekend or a one day option. It is designed for people seeking in depth spiritual formation, dialogue, reflection and study and is co-sponsored by The United Methodist Church of Greater New Jersey and the GNJ United Methodist Women. The Cooperative School of Christian Mission is for all, women, men, youth, children, pastors and friends! Make it a family retreat.
Opportunities as this year’s School of Christian Mission:
- 3 day Resident school, July 10-12, at Georgian Court University, Lakewood NJ.
- 1 day non-resident school on Saturday, July 11, at Georgian Court University, Lakewood NJ.
- In depth studies options in English, Korean, & Spanish.
- In depth studies for adults, youth & children.
- Childcare is available for children 2.5 – 4 years old. Must register with an adult attendee.
- Fair Trade Shop–Red Bird Mission, a United Methodist affiliate, from Beverly, Kentucky will host a fair trade shop with crafts and goods made by artisans from Appalachia.
- Pre-registration is required for the 3 day and 1 day option; no walks in, due to the program changes this year.
- Study Books are available in advance by ordering from Cokesbury, UMW Resource Center, or for purchase on site.
- A volunteer choir will be formed, just check the “choir” box on your registration form.
- Special Offerings: Camden Neighborhood Center, Camden NJ and Amistad After School Program, Freehold, NJ.
- Ingathering: Non-perishable Canned Goods for “Monmouth & Ocean County Food Bank”.
- Mission u abides by Safe Sanctuary Guidelines.
Study Topics: 3 Day School – July 10-12
Created for Happiness, Understanding Your Life in God – Study Leaders: Elizabeth Vaneekhoven & Vijaya Kumar (English)
Qué Sucede con tu Alma? – Study Leader: Lourdes L. Matos-Delgado (Spanish)
Latin America: People and Faith for Adults – Study Leader: Ester Morales (English)
Life and Faith in Latin America: A Mission Study for Children – Study Leader: Cecilia Pedroza (English)
Latin America: Places, Culture, and Faith: A Mission Study for Youth – Study Leader: Efrain Zavala (English)
The Church and People with Disabilities – Study Leader: Jonathan Campbell (English)
The Church, Policing & The New Jim Crow – Study Leader: Vanessa M. Wilson (English)
Study Topics: 1 Day School – July 11
Created for Happiness: Understanding Your Life in God – Study Leader: Danny Thomas (English)
Qué Sucede con tu Alma? – Study Leader: Rolando Santiago-Fuentes (Spanish)
Created for Happiness – Understanding Your Life in God—Study Leader: Hyoik Kim (Korean)
Latin America: People and Faith – Study Leader: Maritza Gonzalez (English)
Latin America: People and Faith – Study Leader: Shung Kim (Korean)
The Church, Policing & The New Jim Crow – Study Leader: KenZoe Brian Sellassie (English)