If you are retired from the UMC of Greater NJ and are age 65 or older, and are eligible for health insurance in retirement, now is the time to:
- Enroll in the United HealthCare Medicare Advantage National PPO Plan if you waived coverage for yourself or for an eligible dependent in retirement, or have lost coverage in another plan.
- Requires active Medicare Parts A & B in place for enrollment. Part B premium is a participant expense.
- Contact the Benefits Specialist for a Retiree Enrollment Form. firstname.lastname@example.org or (732) 359-1036.
- For general questions about United HealthCare benefits, call Optavise – our participant advocacy service – 1-866-253-2273
Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 9-p.m., ET; Saturday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., ET
Participants can view benefits online at www.uhcretiree.com.
Annual Election for Retiree UHC Medicare Advantage Plan
Starts: Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Ends: Thursday, November 16, 2023
Retiree enrollment forms must be PROCESSED no later than 4 p.m. November 16!
After November 16, 2023 changes for 2024 health coverage can only be made if you experience certain qualifying events, such as marriage*, divorce, birth, adoption, death, or loss of a spouse’s or eligible dependent’s health coverage, or loss of coverage in another employer plan. Dependents losing eligibility, including divorced spouses, lose eligibility as a dependent in the plan at the end of month in which event occurs. Continuation Coverage and Divorced Spouse coverage may be available.
*Coverage for a spouse acquired after retirement is available at the participant’s expense.
Retiree Information Webinar (Recording)
2024 Retiree Presentation
Recorded Thursday, Oct. 26
Retirees (Over 65) Healthcare Resources
- UMC Important Changes Brochure for 2024
- Lifeline – personal emergency response system: UnitedHealthcare is working with Philips Lifeline to provide a personal emergency response service at no cost to eligible UnitedHealthcare® Group Medicare Advantage plan members.
- Personal Emergency Response System PERS Flyer