2019 Special Session of the Greater New Jersey Annual Conference | March 16, 2019
- View a photo gallery on Facebook of Special Session | Click here
- Special Session 2019 Pre-conference Journal | Click here
9:00 a.m. | Worship with Rev. John Edgar, Pastor and Executive Director of The United Methodist Church & Community Development for All People in Columbus, OH
9:40 a.m. | General Conference 2019 Delegate Report – Rev. Tom Lank, Lynn Caterson and the GNJ Delegation
- 2020 Delegation Legislation
- Report from the Delegation
10:15 a.m. | Council on Finance and Administration Report – Bob Dietz, Jack Scharf and Judy Colorado
- Policy Recommendations
- 2019 Budget
10:50 a.m. | Congregation/Leadership 100 – Trey Wince
11:00 a.m. | GNJ’s Way Forward
- Connectional Table Legislation – Rev. Sang Won Doh
- Bishop John Schol Presentation
1. Share with us a story
2. Has anything changed for you because of the General Conference decision?
3. If passed, what questions or matters would you like the GNJ Way Forward Team to consider?
4. What do you or what does your congregation need to faithfully carry out our mission to transform the world as we make disciples and grow vital congregations?
5. Where are you seeing or experiencing hope, resurrection?
12:30 p.m. | Closing Worship with Prayer and Anointing
Location: Robert J. Collins Arena at Brookdale Community College
Arena Dr., Lincroft, NJ 07738
Special Guest Preacher Rev. John Edgar
Rev. John Edgar, Pastor and Executive Director of The United Methodist Church & Community Development for All People in Columbus, OH, will address GNJ’s Special Session on asset-based community development. Click here to learn more.
Important Registration Information
The Collins Arena at Brookdale Community College is two stories. To make registration easier for those with mobility issues, we are setting up a separate entrance for anyone with mobility issues. Please indicate on the registration form if you wish to access the handicapped entrance. Please note, anyone travelling with you will be required to register to use the handicapped entrance ore enter at the main registration area.
Childcare will be available for $10 per child. Once you register for the Special Session, you will receive an email with registration for childcare. No childcare walk-ins will be allowed.
Guests, including children not being registered for childcare, are welcome to attend with you but will not be allowed to vote or sit within the bar. Each guest should register separately as a visitor.