Princeton United Methodist Church, located in the heart of Princeton and adjacent to Princeton University, seeks a part-time Nursery Care Associate. The duties will include caring for children aged 2 and younger before, during, and after the weekly Sunday worship service (with the support of church volunteers). Hours are Sundays, 9:30-11:30 a.m., with occasional extra hours to support other events. Applicants must be 18+ and have related experience working with young children. To inquire, please contact email@example.com.
All PUMC employees offer their gifts, time, and service to help us live into our mission to be a diverse community joyfully responding to God’s love and growing as Disciples of Christ by nurturing, teaching, reaching, and serving ALL people.
Primary Role: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages newborn to pre-kindergarten, in a clean environment. Begin spiritual formation in our youngest through structured play, reading, music and relevant planned activities.
Profile, Gifts, Competencies: You have a depth of spirit and a deep commitment to your own spiritual formation and growth. You love children and they love you. You feel and express joy when working with our children in the nursery. You are warm, welcoming, friendly and respectful with our children, their families, volunteers, clergy and staff, and our congregation. You are attuned to the personality of each child and able to engage and adapt to the needs of the infants through toddlers in your care. You work collaboratively with the nursery volunteers and family members. You are able to develop, lead and engage our nursery children in age-appropriate Christian activities including selecting books to read, music and videos.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports PUMC families by providing high quality childcare during services from 9:30 to 11:30am on Sunday May be occasional work offered for other days/times.
- Maintains records on each child and responsible adult(s) including names, ages, cell phone numbers, food allergies, etc.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: maintaining a safe environment, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, serving snack, cheerfully interacting with children through games, music, stories, play and prayer.
- Stays in Nursery until the children are secured with a responsible
- In the event of an emergency, immediately notifies the
- Straightens the room and cleans any toys and surfaces if needed before
- Informs Director of Children’s Ministries of needs for Nursery including toys, books, supplies, audio-visual materials, snacks, etc. as well as any needed repairs.
- Reports any nursery-related issues to the Director of Children’s
- Communicates in advance to the Director of Children’s Ministries 1) any planned absences with an advance two-week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
- Minimum Associates Degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with toddlers and infants
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check and Safe Sanctuary Training (PUMC will provide training)
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children is preferred
You may occasionally be asked to provide childcare beyond the normal Sunday morning worship hours and will be paid for these additional hours if you are available.