The Center – Philadelphia and Arch Street United Methodist Church
55 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Hours: 20 hours a week
Reports To: Executive Director and Senior Pastor
The Grace Cafe Daytime Services program is a drop-in day center in Center City Philadelphia for individuals currently experiencing homelessness. Grace Cafe Daytime Services provides showers, laundry, programming and case management to 50 individuals Monday-Thursday. In addition to weekday programming each Sunday we offer a drop in Wellness Clinic, a home-cooked hot meal, and case management. The Center-Philadelphia and Arch Street UMC are LGBTQIA+ affirming organizations. The Center-Philadelphia was birthed out of a justice-seeking and Sanctuary United Methodist congregation. The Center-Philadelphia is aligned with other communities of faith and conscience in creating movements for intersectional justice. The Center-Philadelphia is open to all persons, no matter how they identify, including without regard to age, race, ethnic background, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic or marital status, physical or mental ability, immigration status, and spiritual tradition.
This position will support the development and fundraising efforts of the Center-Philadelphia and Arch Street United Methodist Church. Arch Street United Methodist Church is in the beginning stages of a Capital Campaign to restore its 155 year old spire. This position will support the Arch Street UMC Capital Campaign as well as new and ongoing development and fundraising efforts for the Center-Philadelphia.
Education & Experience Expectations
Experience working with a non-profit is preferable especially in the areas of development and fundraising. Applicants with experience working within the nonprofit sector will be prioritized. Knowledge of the United Methodist Church is helpful but not necessary. Experience working with the Google Suite is required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with and support the work of the Capital Campaign committee
- Data entry and data management.
- Process donations; invoices, payments and donor communication.
- Track and care for reporting for any current grants. Research and take leadership on applying for new grant funds to support new and existing programs
- Work with the Development Committee of the Center-Philadelphia to develop and implement a comprehensive development and fundraising plan
- Perform administrative duties as required or requested
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding
- Foster positive relationships with current and potential partners and donors.
- Work closely with social media department to establish plans for marketing events and programs
- Ability to work well with a team to promote congregational and organization initiatives
- 1-3 years’ experience working in fundraising or development
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and sponsors
- Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers
- Ability to generate interest in the organization or program and reach out to appropriate partners
- Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image
This position is part time, non-exempt 20 hours a week and will be compensated at $21,500 a year. The Center-Philadelphia offers 2 weeks of paid vacation per year, 10 paid holidays, a taxable health stipend of $2000.00 per year and access to a pension program with a 1% employer paid contribution. The Center-Philadelphia is a participant in the unemployment compensation program. This position may be completed partially remotely; however, the ability to attend in-person meetings with donors and foundation partners as well as fundraising events may be required in compliance with ongoing public health recommendations related to COVID-19.