June 24 – August 19, 2019
Summer internships for high school students and churches!
- Work with their church for 20-25 hours per week for 8 weeks and earn a $2,000 stipend
- Participate and lead in worship, children’s church, small groups and bible study
- Learn church administration and attend committee meetings
- Join congregational care/pastoral visitations
- Explore conflict resolution
- Assist the pastor with funeral and wedding services when possible
- Identify a student interested in ministry
- Create a welcoming environment for learning and development
- Designate a supervisor who is a church leader or pastor
- Plan 20-25 hours per week of ministry engagement
- Commit $500 towards the student’s $2,000 stipend
Churches must identify and recruit the student intern before applying to participate in “Cultivate: Summer of Exploration.”
Funds for Cultivate have been made possible by a grant from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM) to cultivate young people for ministry. The grant supports initiatives committed to encourage, recruit and train Christian leaders from ages 16-30.