HOPE United Methodist Church
Part Time Worship Leader Position
HOPE United Methodist Church is a growing and vibrant Christian community located in Voorhees, NJ. Spanning over 26 years of ministry, HOPE Church exists to connect people to God through a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, to connect people to each other through authentic Christian community and to connect people to the world as ‘salt and light.’ Worshiping in a contemporary style and a dynamic approach, we are looking to add to our worship arts staff through a part time worship leader who will help bring leadership to worship at our Voorhees campus, as well as our newly launching campus in Mt. Laurel.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please review the details below and contact Pastor Steve Hoadley, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Time: 10 hours week
Salary: $12,000 per year, no pension or benefits
Education: A working knowledge of current musical trends in worship and musical styles and fundamentals of pop bands. A bachelor’s degree in music and/or bible degree is preferred.
Experience: At least two years leading contemporary/modern worship services, including time working and directing band rehearsals.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior with an active and growing faith
- a high vocal and/or instrumental proficiency
- a working knowledge of musical theory, instrument and vocal techniques and pop band dynamics
- ability to creatively plan worship gatherings that reflect message themes and series
- team player
- teachable spirit
- ability to organize, inspire and lead volunteer teams
- agreement to HOPE Church’s ministry philosophy, theological distinctives and mission/strategies
- awareness of current worship trends and styles and the ability to assimilate them to local contexts and personnel
- experience with a variety of musical styles and openness to various musical traditions in the church (including but not limited to contemporary, modern, traditional and gospel)
- a basic theological understanding of the purpose of worship
- a working knowledge of how to lead people into God’s presence as a corporate gathering
- lead worship services on a weekly basis
- lead a band rehearsal once a week
- attend a weekly planning meeting with worship arts staff and pastoral leadership
- collaborate with worship arts staff and volunteers in planning special events and services throughout the year
- develop devotions and give spiritual guidance to musicians and technicians
- support with creation of music charts and volunteer scheduling
- report to Worship Pastor and working collaboratively with Worship Arts staff