The Respond, Inc. Transition/Search Committee announce a national search for the next Executive Director of Respond and invites inquiries and applications for the position. In this 53rd year of program operation, Respond’s staff and volunteers number more than 250 and Respond has succeeded in building an outstanding example of how people from many diverse backgrounds and all walks of life can work together toward the common goal of an enriched community for all of its citizens.
Respond seeks an experienced professional with a proven record of leadership for the position of Executive Director. Respond’s next Executive Director will be responsible for casting a vision for the organization, while also bringing inclusive, collaborative, and decisive leadership to this position. The preferred candidate must demonstrate superior administrative skills and possess a sound understanding of Respond’s unique history, mission, and values.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership in order to advance Respond’s mission, achieve the financial goals of Respond, and apply proven business practices to benefit Respond. This position is also responsible for managing all administrative aspects of Respond, including, but not limited to, finance, accounting, human resources, staff supervision, and communications.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems, as well as recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve it strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, and alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performance senior management team.
- Ensure effective systems that enable progress tracking, and regular program evaluation, to measure success.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in relevant fields related of Respond’s operations.
- Ensure development and maintenance of sound organizational financial practices.
- Coordinate with staff, Finance committee, and the Board in preparing an overall organizational budget, and individual department budgets per funding guidelines.
- Establish organizational process to review and manage programmatic cost effectiveness and budget compliance.
- Initiate and manage development of organizational fundraising strategy to include a capital campaign, as well as annual giving and board give / get programs.
- Manage expansion of revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy that deepens and refines all communication channels from web presence to external relations, to deepen existing organizational relationships, establish new organizational relationships, and garner new organizational opportunities.
- Work with Board of Directors to develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors and Advisory Board through targeted recruitment of appropriate personnel and engaging systematic board meetings.
- Monitor and maintain oversight to ensure programmatic compliance with all federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree is strongly preferred) in fields related to nonprofit management, finance, business, community development, economic development, or social services.
- Minimum of five years management experience, preferably in a service non-profit setting, is required.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in software and cloud-based solutions for word processing, data management, communication, marketing, and fundraising.
- Experience working with non-profit Boards of Directors.
- Demonstrated experience implementing organizational marketing, public relations, and fundraising strategies across a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience working in collaboration with diverse populations and cultures in an economically distressed community.
- Experience in nonprofit affordable housing development.
- Experience in working with Boards of Education as related to childcare.
- Experience in Adult Education training, curriculum and programs of job readiness.
- Passion and optimism, and a mission-driven perspective toward service.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: February 19, 2021
Respond, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks. No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms.