GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees:
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
Title: Regional Coordinator
Classification: Non-Exempt, Part Time (20 hours)
Band Description: Specialist Leader
Supervisor: Hope Center Developer
The Regional Coordinator, a 2-year grant based position, organizes and coordinates identifying sites, recruiting volunteers, soliciting food and financial donations and distribution of food in Greater New Jersey. The coordinator also works collaboratively with AFWH to create systems and best practices for food distribution across Greater New Jersey.
- Organize and oversee teams to plan, organize and implement food distribution events in GNJ so that we achieve the goals for the program.
- Recruit and solicit volunteers, equipment, supplies and food through churches, non-profits, food banks, and government agencies so that we have sufficient food and volunteers to achieve the goals of the program.
- Develop and implement the processes, systems and training for volunteers so that state health and safety guidelines are followed.
- In collaboration with the communication team, develop and implement a marketing plan to promote food distribution events and to recruit volunteers.
- Use data and analytics from food distribution events to create weekly reports on access, number of persons served, number of volunteers, number of boxes distributed, and effectiveness of distribution system
- Collaborate with Hope Center Developer for the coordination of logistics and accommodations for events, trainings, and meetings.
- Participate in appropriate staff and team meetings
• Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
• Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
• Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
• Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
• Attend to details and deadlines
• Inspire and influence people to achieve challenging goals and positive results
• Develop innovative solutions, brainstorm ideas and see from various perspectives
• Adapt to an ever changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
• Competent and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiar with Google analytics and data analysis.
• Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and WordPress
• 1-5 years of experience in program development, people management, and project management
• Ability to think theologically
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
The position requires evening and weekend responsibilities and travel beyond the office. The position works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ.