Band Description: Administrative Leader
Supervisor: Director of Human Resources and the Superintending Team
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Regional Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Regional Administrator/Project Coordinator to support the District Superintendents and Directors of Resourcing of the assigned region. The Regional Administrative Assistant also provides administrative work related to the superintending team and the Director of Human Resources.
- Assist the Regional Administrator/Project Coordinator in ensuring churches fully and accurately complete yearly reports on time; engage in follow-up when necessary to reduce the administrative workload of the Superintending Team
- Maintain electronic files and databases including Arena, EBridge, and internal drives so that all information is current, relevant, and accessible
- Support and attend district/regional meetings and events (such as church conferences, workshops, trainings, regional meetings, and Bishop’s Day) as needed so that the local congregations are resourced and trained to conduct the business and ministries of the church
- Effectively resource, support, and build relationships with the local congregations so that they feel engaged and aligned with the Conference
- Assist the Director of Human Resources and the Superintending Team as needed.
- Serve as a participant for projects as assigned
- Assist in district and conference meetings and events
- Cover phones and provide hospitality at the reception desk as needed
- Utmost attention to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an ever changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Willingness to continue to learn and develop skills
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Provide gracious hospitality
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Three or more years in an office or similar work environment
- High school degree with some college or related experience
The position requires occasional evening and weekend responsibilities and some travel outside the region. The positon works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ.