Title: Program Coordinator of Leadership Academy Preaching Institute
Classification: Consultant (Part-Time, 10 hours/week, 1-4 Years)
Supervisor: Director of LAPI
EPA & GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
EPA & GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Eastern Pennsylvania and Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Leadership Academy Preaching Institute (LAPI)
LAPI is a hybrid continuing education program with tracks and modules designed to empower ordained clergy, local pastors, lay preachers, and congregational leaders to cultivate compelling preaching that leads to congregational vitality. EPA&GNJ defines a Vital Congregation as one which cultivates a deeper relationship with God and meet people’s deepest need through growth in five areas of ministry: worship participation, small group participation, engagement in hands-on mission, new professions and reaffirmations of faith, and generous missional giving.
The Preaching Institute will offer (1) a hybrid 10-month intensive certificate program through which preachers chosen as LAPI Fellows will focus on honing their craft alongside exceptional preachers, instructors, and intergenerational cohorts, (2) congregational coaching for the development of collaborative preaching practices and effective feedback loops for preachers; and (3) short-term online courses for both lay listeners and preachers that will empower the cultivation of contextual practices of proclamation and holy listening.
The Program Coordinator will provide primary administrative support for the Institute, which among other tasks will include arranging for travel, scheduling and booking for events, budgetary tracking, and creating grant reports. They will work in cooperation with existing implicated conference staff and select representatives of boards and agencies from EPA&GNJ, as well as select consultants in the areas of program evaluation/assessment and online course design.
- Resource and provide administrative support to the Director of LAPI.
- Schedule classes, workshops, and events, coordinating with instructors and facilities.
- Ensure timely dissemination of information and materials to students and instructors.
- Coordinate instructor schedules and maintain instructor records.
- Collect and analyze data on program outcomes and student feedback.
- Assist in budget management, tracking program-related expenses, monitoring spending.
- Order and maintain program-related materials, books, and supplies.
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers as needed.
- Collaborate with communications team to promote programs and events.
- Work with Director of LAPI to complete and submit timely reports and final evaluation.
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence.
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality.
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivate people to action.
- Attention to details and deadlines.
- Two to four years equivalent experience.
- Competent and skilled in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
Education and Skills
- High school degree with some college or related experience
Travel within EPA&GNJ will be necessary for LAPI cohorts. Limited travel outside of EPA& GNJ for retreats.
Please submit resumes to Jay Kim, Director, EPA & GNJ Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org