Coordinates the Celebration Service music program for our Celebration Service in a manner that enhances the spirit of worship and assists the congregation in praise and serving God. Committed to worship as an expression of his/her Christian faith.
- Directs the Praise Band at weekly Celebration Services as specified and at special services (i.e. Christmas, Easter, and Unity Sundays).
- Selects music for the celebration service that is appropriate to the worship themes and seasons in conference with the Pastor and the Praise Band.
- Responsible for song lyric content of Power Point for the Celebration service.
- Promotes growth and stability of the Praise Band. Maintains communication with Praise Band members.
- Develops musical skills of the Band through rehearsals, coaching, workshops, etc.
- Purchases music and related supplies within budget allocations. Administers and cares for the music library, instruments, audio and visual equipment, and other materials related to the Praise Band.
- Coordinates activities and schedules and cooperates with the Pastor, Power Point Designer, Worship Team and Office Administer.
- Shows commitment to the church’s goals and objectives.
- Participates as a member of the Worship Team.
- Maintain Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Performs other related tasks as may be requested from time to time.
- Ability to coordinate instrumentalists and vocalists to the benefit of the worship service.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to efficiently coordinate with other church staff members.
- Ability to lead Praise Band members in practice and performance and exhibit exuberance during worship.
- Enjoys working as a team with the Pastor and other Leaders.
- Proficient vocally and with an instrument.
- Computer and e-mail skills including a Power Point program
- Punctuality and organizational skills.
- Administratively responsible to the Pastor.
- Annual Performance Review with the Pastor, or more often as needed.
- Hours per week: Average 5-6. This is a salaried year-round position.
- Paid Time Off is up to four Sundays per year with prior approval.
- In case of illness or emergency during scheduled worship or programs, notify the pastor as soon as possible.