The First United Methodist Church of Blairstown seeks a gifted part-time worship music leader and keyboardist. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about the ministry of the Church and seeks to draw people deeper into Christ’s presence through engaging and spirit-filled contemporary and traditional Christian music led by a team of musicians and vocalists.
The First United Methodist Church of Blairstown is a vibrant and multi-generational community of faith located in the beautiful hills of Warren County, New Jersey. Our blended worship service gathers an average of 60 people on Sunday mornings and seeks to engage people in faith that is transformational both in their personal lives and in the communities that we live in.
Specific Primary Responsibilities
1. Provide musical leadership and accompaniment for the congregation and worship team during Sunday morning worship, special services, and rehearsals. Musical offerings may include congregational hymns and songs, worship team anthems, and instrumental pieces.
2. Work with the pastor to select music for worship services
Qualifications and Skills
1. Knowledge of the role of music in worship
2. Experienced keyboard player, with the ability to lead other instrumentalists and vocalists, and engage congregation members in singing their faith
3. Experience and competency leading musical groups
4. Ability to work well with others and participate collegially with staff, pastor, congregational leaders, and congregation
5. Available for Sunday worship services and church holidays
Tasks are expected to take 5-7 hours per week and include selecting music, providing music and musical leadership for the worship services, leading Worship Team rehearsals, and personal practice time.
Salary is set at $10,000 per year. The music leader will receive 4 Sundays off per year.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and music sample to Fred Cook, Staff Parish Relations Chairperson
Fred Cook c/o First UMC of Blairstown
10 Stillwater Road
Blairstown, NJ 07825