DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH MINISTRIES
The United Methodist Church of Red Bank is a church with open doors, empowered by God’s love to be a Christ-like community, reaching out in ministry and service. We are a large, diversified, and proactive Christian church.
• Demonstrate a vision and passion for creating a vibrant and exciting Children and Youth program inspiring today’s youth and families to follow Christ and be active members of the church
• Relate with children and youth and with each other in a Christian manner.
• Prepare and deliver the Children’s Sermon on Sunday morning during worship.
• Recruit, schedule, background check and train leaders, teachers and volunteers as well as supervise, evaluate, and spiritually nurture leaders for all youth groups; for Sunday School and Vacation Bible School.
• Assist the pastor in worship services when needed
• The position is part-time, requiring less than 30 hours a week.
• Responsible for the collaborative selection and development of curriculum for Sunday School, all youth groups, Vacation Bible School.
• Responsible for each group’s special events, outreach responsibilities and celebrations.
• Coordinate events, fundraisers and celebrations with relevant groups.
• As necessary, oversee the Superintendent of Sunday School and Director of Vacation Bible school, if different persons.
• Annual review with all related parties (leaders, teachers, volunteers) the proper safety procedures for building use, kitchen safety, fire drills and Safe Sanctuary policies.
• Oversee and attend Wednesday night dinners including coordination of volunteers, food preparation, clean-up.
• In coordination with the Education Committee, prepare a budget and review and approve expenses.
• Set goals for and coordinate with Sunday School teachers and leaders of all youth groups.
• Communicate with families through letters, phone calls, and social media.
• Be prepared to substitute for teachers and other leaders who are temporarily or unexpectedly unable to be present for scheduled activities.
• Report directly to the Senior Pastor and attend meetings of Education, Youth Groups and Sunday school as scheduled
• Be a person of faith
• Possess proven experience in organizational, interpersonal, and relational skills for working with children, youth, families, church members, staff and clergy.
• Must maintain administrative skills in areas of technology, recordkeeping budgeting and scheduling.
• Must demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with the church family as one of its main staff leaders.
• Must possess flexibility to assess situations according to what is needed at the time.
Tentative start date on or about June 1.