The United Methodist Action Reach-out Mission by Youth (U.M. ARMY) is looking for two part-time Regional Directors to support our ministry. U.M. ARMY has been around for almost 40 years offering high quality week long mission programs for youth and young adults that serve people in need and build leadership skills in young people.
Participants sleep, eat and worship in a local church beginning on Sunday evening and ending on Saturday at noon. Each weekday, small teams consisting of adults and youth set out to a work site in the local community. Our projects vary from yard work, painting, small home repairs to construction of handicap access ramps and stairs. Each day begins with a 15-minute devotional service and we end each evening with a contemporary worship service.
For additional information, please see our website: www.umarmy.org
- 20-25 hours per week with medical reimbursement.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Please send resume to Brian Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 1st.
Part-Time Regional Director: Job Description
Lead Regional/Advisory Board
- Prepare all materials for Regional Board Meetings
Oversight of Mission Week Operations
- Determine mission week models to implement within the region
- Host church identification and date coordination
- Participating church coordination
- Regional Marketing – direct mail, social media, email, personal contact
- Personal visits to mission weeks to assess teams and programs
- Develop all printed materials specific to the region
- Focus on the identification and training of leaders
Pre-Mission Week Support
- Distribution of deliverables to mission leaders
- Develop, support and deliver training for adults and leaders
- Coordinator with host church leaders
- Maintain .net system
- Maintain .org system
- Assist with pre-sites as needed
- Provide mentorship to mission week leadership
- Encourage in-kind donations
- Track cash donations
Relationship Building with
- Ministry leaders throughout the region
- Referral agencies and service providers
- Local communities
- Local government officials
- Service organizations
- Partner with the Business Manager to ensure financial support is available
- Develop and maintain a marketing strategy to have the U.M. ARMY name visible
- Partner with Growth Manager
- Attend appropriate conferences and conventions with a professional display and tell the U.M. ARMY story
- Solicit feedback, review evaluations, suggestions from participants and host churches to assess and adapt program as appropriate