The St Paul Centenary Church and Day Care in Newark, NJ is looking for gifted part time Office Administrator (OA) for the church and day care center. This position requires most tasks related to financial and office tasks.
- Effectively managing all office phone calls and church day to day emails. Some filing and office work.
- Work with the Finance Committee according to the guidelines established by the committee on finance for total fiduciary responsibility. This includes maintaining compliance with all applicable governmental tax guidelines.
- Disburse all money contributed to the local church budget and for the day care center, keeping accurate records of how money is spent.
- Work with the financial secretary to maintain records of all funds received and designated gifts and will reconcile bank accounts.
- Work with the financial secretary and chair of the committee on finance to make regular financial reports to the committee on finance, church council, the charge conference and, in some cases, the trustees.
- Accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee in consultation with the Finance Committee, Church Council and the Director of Day Care Center. Availability to meet with council members, as committee finds necessary.
- Assist the pastor with office tasks as requested.
- Fully bilingual. (Spanish/English)
- Proven experience in similar position and tasks.
- Experience in Quick Books, Excel and Word. Great interpersonal skills.
- Chosen candidate will need to pass a background check.
Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Salary: $14,000 annually. One week of paid vacation after 1st year and 2 weeks after 2nd year. Paid holidays. Five Sick days
Deadline to apply : October 13, 2020
Interested in applying please send via email: Cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Re: OA Position