The Boonton United Methodist Church seeks a part-time Music Director.
- Provides organ/piano music for all worship services.
- Enhances worship services with appropriate music, which assists the congregation in praising and serving God.
- Provides organ/piano music for all Sunday and holiday worship services (Sunday worship services are held at 11:15 a.m. every Sunday).
- Establishes a worshipful, positive feeling and movement in the worship service through selection of music appropriate to worship themes in conjunction with the pastor.
- Leads and provides accompaniment for the choir, including during choir rehearsals.
- Establishes objectives annually and continues to grow in musicianship.
- Performs other related duties as may be requested or required.
- Displays an understanding of music as worship and ministry above performance.
Provide music for other occasions, such as weddings, funerals, celebrations, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Contemporary musical capabilities with an appreciation for tradition.
- Play organ and piano proficiently. Additional musical talents are welcome and appreciated.
- Sight-read music.
- Play a wide variety of hymns and transpose hymns as required.
- Lead and accompany both soloists and choir in rehearsals and services.
- Prepare and play prelude, gathering music, offertory, and postlude.
- Work cooperatively with others—adults, youth, and children and staff.
Administratively responsible to the pastor.
10-15 hours per week.
Negotiable and based on experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact Pastor Donald Kirschner or by calling the church office at 973-334-8275.