First United Methodist Church – Westfield (FUMC-Westfield) is seeking a part-time Communications Coordinator. This position will work 20-25 hours per week, and reports to the Senior Pastor at FUMC-Westfield. Candidates who have previous professional communications/marketing experience and/or have completed relevant communications/marketing-related college coursework are preferred.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Align communications with our current church identity statement and long-term vision of FUMC-Westfield and the greater United Methodist Church
- Oversee, coordinate, organize, and edit existing communications, as well as initiate, produce, and distribute new communications, both within and outside the church
- Creatively build followings on digital media venues including, but not limited to: church website, video/audio/photo links, podcasts, YouTube, blogs (e.g., WordPress), and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Direct, coordinate, and oversee the production of the Sunday online worship service. Specific responsibilities include:
o Edit service components (compile footage, add transitions, add lyric overlays, etc.)
o Create opening and closing photo/music montage
o Publish service to premiere on Facebook and YouTube, and provide appropriate links via email
- Work as an integral team member with local media sources, print and digital media, email, and web-based and social media outlets to promote church events, church committees/operations updates, mission/service projects, stewardship stories, small group ministries, education opportunities, district/conference events, special worship schedules, and sermon/devotional content.
- Collaborate and coordinate communications within the current church ministries and committees to help streamline schedules, goals, activities, documents and assist with managing timelines.
- Maintain a current knowledge of trends in the communications industry.
- Attend staff meetings and complete other duties as determined and assigned by the pastor.
- Highly effective interpersonal, organizational, creative, and overall technological skills.
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible, and innovative skills
- Experience with the following technology platforms and systems is preferable:
o Shelby Church Management Software
o Hootsuite (or similar social media content platform)
o Adobe Creative Cloud programs or other design software
o Adobe Premiere, Moviemaker, or other video editing software
o Microsoft Office Suite
o Traditional Social Media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
o Basic IT
o Graphic design
Please submit resumes and direct any questions to email@example.com.