The Panther Valley Ecumenical Church is looking for a new Office Administrative Assistant, a part time position, open immediately.
The Church Administrative Assistant serves as the hub of administrative and relational connection for Panther Valley Ecumenical Church. This position provides the first point of contact made to the church office as well as support and assistance as needed to other church staff. The person will need to be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. The Administrative Assistant must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office and congregation of diverse people. This 30-hour salaried position will report directly to the Pastor.
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Prioritize and manage projects
- Break complex tasks into manageable segments
- Continue to learn and develop skills
- Provide gracious hospitality
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding records, financials, and Pastor counseling, both of church and staff members
- Ability to proofread and edit publications.
- Self-Starter with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to manage time well.
- Ability to effectively write, communicate, and develop positive relationships with others
- Ability to multi-task and perform work under conditions which include frequent interruptions.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Email: Pastor Ninabeth Metcalf
Panther Valley Ecumenical Church
1490 Rte. 517
Hackettstown, NJ 07840