Title: Summer Camp Nurse
Supervisor: Camp Program Director
Dates of Employment: July 22, 2019 – August 16, 2019
We cultivate and catalyze new generations of enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ that connect, grow, and lead in their congregations and communities to transform the world. GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
Next Generation Ministries view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Summer Camp Nurse is responsible for the health and well-being of campers and adult leaders. The Camp Nurse supervises health and well-being, administers medicine, and provides healthcare as needed.
Oversee the overall health of campers and staff by conducting daily health surveillance so that any health concerns may be addressed immediately and proactively
- Administer prescription medication to campers who have written authorization from a parent or guardian so that campers remain healthy and cared for during summer camp
- Ensure the camp health center is well maintained with needed first aid supplies so that the camp is always prepared to care for first aid needs
- Ensure all campers and staff have their medical needs attended to, administering first aid or coordinating with emergency services as needed and documenting all treatment in the camp medical log so that campers and staff remain healthy, safe, and cared for during summer camp
- Maintain all camp health center records and documents, ensuring documents are orderly and well organized so that all camp medical documents are available and accessible as needed
- Attend and be fully present for camp meetings and debriefs
- Serve as a participant or as a leader on projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an everchanging work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Enthusiastic about living the summer camp lifestyle
- Prepared to enact procedures and protocols in emergency situations
- Maintain focus, clear thinking, and a non-anxious presence in emergency situations
- Clear background check record
- Summer camp programming and operations experience preferred
Education and Skills
- Must meet one of the following criteria
- Physician licensed by the New Jersey State Board or Medical Examiners
- Registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, licensed by the New Jersey Board of Nursing
- Certified in advanced first aid, paramedic or emergency medical technician or first responder/CIM accredited
- Athletic trainer that has a valid certification from the Board of Certification, Inc.
- Must hold a certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association in professional-level infant, child, and adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation
The position requires residency at Pinelands Center at Mt. Misery throughout the course of employment.
Click here to apply.