Title: Photography and Video Director
Supervisor: Camp Program Director
GNJ volunteers through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its volunteers through:
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists in Greater New Jersey view all volunteers as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Next Generation Ministries Music Director plans and leads campers to capture the wonder of God’s creation. They plan and lead photography and video program activities for Camp Inspire so that campers learn new photo and video skills and engage their faith through beauty.
- Lead the photography and video track for Camp Inspire so that campers grow in their knowledge and experience of photography and video, experience photography and video from a faith perspective and have crazy amounts of fun
- Lead campers in producing a closing program performance that campers can be proud of in collaboration with the Theater Director and Music Director so that campers and parents experience a joyful closure to Camp Inspire
- Lead photography and video workshop activities that expose campers to different styles and expressions of photos and films so that campers will grow in their knowledge and skills
- Participate in camp activities to build relationships with campers and camp leaders, assisting where needed, so that campers will experience the Photography and Film Director as a mentor and role model
- Serve as a participant for projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an ever changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- A vision for camp and retreat programming and the ability to inspire others through the vision
- Comfortable and confident interacting with diverse groups of youth, young adults, parents, clergy and laity
- Three or more years’ experience in photography and video work
- Youth ministry experience and experience working with students of varied ages
- Experience working with a variety of cultures
- High school degree with some college or related experience preferred
Click here to apply.