Supervisor: Executive Director of Next Generation Ministries, Inc.
Position Summary and Objective:
The Next Generation Ministries (NextGen) Engagement Specialist develops innovative initiatives for expanding the number of students, parents, youth leaders and volunteers and other key stakeholders participating in Next Generation Ministries in the Greater New Jersey region. The Engagement Specialist works with staff and mission partners to ensure that engagement campaigns and activities are implemented on time and with excellence
As a result of this position, the following will occur:
- The number of students, emerging new leaders, parents, youth leaders, volunteers participating in NextGen and United Methodist congregations and campus ministries in the Greater New Jersey region is increasing by appropriate goals set each year
- A smooth workflow and coordination of engagement initiatives within the NextGen team
- Challenges related to engaging more youth, young adults, volunteers and churches are addressed and overcome in ways that builds greater confidence in and support for the work of NextGen
- The NextGen team has a 90% or better service rating from students, parents, youth leaders and volunteers and other stakeholders
- Design, prototype and implement a wide variety of innovative marketing, promotional and engagement strategies, methods and technologies to increase engagement in NextGen
- Create a deliberate engagement process, tracking and coordinating contacts on a weekly basis
- Attend NextGen’s and mission partner events to promote NextGen programs and initiatives, network and build meaningful relations with key stakeholders
- Grow and expand the Next Generation Ministries database
- Work collaboratively with the team to achieve growth goals for NextGen programs, initiatives and desired outcomes
- Ensure reports, as assigned, are completed on time, accurately and with excellence
- Respond to all written, phone, and electronic communication within 48 hoursAssume responsibility for special projects as assigned.
- Christ-centered and Christ-like
- Open to listening and learning from the faith experiences of others with different theological views
- Accepting and inclusive of people of other races and cultures
- Joyful in spirit
- A self-starter
- Cooperative, collaborative, committed to the vision, mission, beliefs and values of NextGen
- A person of moral integrity and strong work ethic
- Committed to excellence
- Ability to implement marketing and engagement strategies and processes
- Ability to motivate and influence people to achieve positive results
- Ability to work with and manage a variety of tasks at the same time
- Ability to organize and complete complex projects with short deadlines
- Good written, editing and oral communication skills
- Comfortable and confident interacting with diverse groups of youth, young adults, parents, clergy and laity.
- A strong planner and communicator
- Basic Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Five or more years in a similar work environment
- Proven experience in Marketing, Sales and/or Program Engagement
- Experience working with a variety of cultures
Travel: The position requires some travel within the Greater New Jersey region, including some evening and weekend responsibilities. The Next Generation Ministries Engagement Specialist works from the main offices located in Neptune, NJ.
Click here to apply.