Title: Cabin Leader
Supervisor: Camp Program Director
GNJ volunteers through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its volunteers through:
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists in Greater New Jersey view all volunteers as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Next Generation Ministries Cabin Leaders lead small groups in growing faith, program activities, team building, and personal growth. Cabin leaders work alongside counselors to give campers a transformative camp experience.
- Lead, in partnership with a Counselor or another Cabin Leader, a cabin of campers in devotional time, cabin time and team activities so that campers grow in their faith, experience empowering community and grow in their own confidence and skills
- Worship, eat and play alongside campers so that empowering mentor relationships are built
- Supervise and care for campers at all times so that we ensure a safe, enjoyable experience that allows campers to have fun and grow in faith
- Stay in regular communication with the Head Counselors at all times so that camp leaders are equipped for success and can provide a transformational experience for campers
- Serve as a participant for projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an ever changing work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- A vision for camp and retreat programming and the ability to inspire others through the vision
- Comfortable and confident interacting with diverse groups of youth, young adults, parents, clergy and laity
- Youth ministry experience and experience working with students of varied ages preferred
- Experience working with a variety of cultures preferred
- High school degree with some college or related experience preferred
Click here to apply.