Band Description: Administrative Leader
Supervisor: Executive Director of Stewardship Foundation and Next Generation Ministries
GNJ employees through their work help fulfill our mission: recruit and develop transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
United Methodists of Greater New Jersey view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Next Generation and Stewardship Foundation Administrative Assistant provides administrative support, manages projects and information, coordinates with other GNJ departments and supports each Board of Trustees so that activities are completed on time, accurately and with excellence.
- Resource and provide administrative support to Next Gen and Stewardship Foundation staff teams and Boards so that meetings, projects, programs, administration, grants and the database run efficiently and effectively.
- Manage all Board of Trustees meeting materials including scheduling and communications, board books, meeting minutes and other follow-up so that the Next Gen and Stewardship Foundation boards are prepared, well-organized, meetings run effectively, and business is completed on time and on mission.
- Coordinate and manage interdepartmental work between mission partners and other teams so that communications, accounting and other work is done collaboratively with excellence.
- Serve as Project Manager for Next Generation Ministries projects, including the IGNITE Team, so that planning teams are well-organized to work together efficiently and effectively.
- Manage, order and maintain Stewardship Foundation/Miracles Everywhere supplies, including updating and mail merging Miracles Everywhere mailing lists and scheduling District visits for the Executive Director so that the Miracles Everywhere Campaign and Stewardship Foundation can achieve their goals.
- Prepare reports so that leadership has timely and accurate information to evaluate programs and make critical mission decisions.
- Serve on the Mission Superintending Team
- Serve as a participant or as a project manager for projects as assigned
- Attend and assist in GNJ meetings and events as needed and appropriate
- Cover phones and provide hospitality at the reception desk as needed
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Prioritize and manage projects
- Break complex tasks into manageable segments
- Continue to learn and develop skills
- Provide gracious hospitality
- Three or more years in an office or similar work environment
- Competent and skilled in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to navigate and learn various database systems
- High school degree with some college or related experience
The position requires some evening and weekend responsibilities and some travel beyond the office.
The position works from the main office located in Neptune, NJ