Title: Summer Kitchen Crew Member
Supervisor: Director of Guest Services
Dates of Employment: July 17, 2019 – August 20, 2019
We cultivate and catalyze new generations of enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ that connect, grow and lead in their congregations and communities to transform the world. GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
Next Generation Ministries view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
A Summer Kitchen Crew member serves the camp by helping ensure all campers and staff are well fed and received warm hospitality and exceptional service. This position assists the Director of Guest Services with food preparation, cooking, and serving meals. This position may also be combined with the Summer Camp Maintenance position.
- Respond to guest requests with courtesy and a solution-focused approach so that campers feel cared for and have an enjoyable dining experience
- Complete meal preparation and cooking with excellence so that campers and staff enjoy hearty meals
- Be familiar with and follow all ServSafe guidelines and procedures when preparing food so that all food remains safe for campers and staff
- Help keep the kitchen well organized and clean so that campers remain safe, and dining services remain efficient
- Attend and be fully present for camp meetings and debriefs
- Serve as a participant or as a leader on projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an everchanging work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Enthusiastic about living the summer camp lifestyle
- Work in a fast-paced environment and accomplish tasks quickly
- Provide gracious hospitality
- Clear background check record
- Experience and familiarity with working in a commercial kitchen preferred
- Summer camp programming and operations experience preferred
Education and Skills
- Basic kitchen prep knowledge to prepare meals in a commercial kitchen.
This position works from Pinelands Center at Mt. Misery.
Click here to apply.