Title: Summer Camp Photographer
Supervisor: Camp Program Director
Dates of Employment: July 22, 2019 – August 16, 2019
We cultivate and catalyze new generations of enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ that connect, grow, and lead in their congregations and communities to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
Next Generation Ministries view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Summer Camp Photographer captures the excitement and joy of camp through pictures. This position is responsible for selecting photos for publication and updating social media each day with photos and descriptions that best captures the day’s activities.
- Take regular photos and videos of all camp activities so that the full, daily summer camp experience is captured
- Curate daily the photos and videos taken for publication on social media and the Next Generation Ministries and Pinelands websites so that published photos and videos display excellent quality
- Manage the Pinelands social media page, regularly uploading and posting photos and videos as well as written summaries of camp activities and managing comments so that parents and Next Gen constituents may follow the camp experience
- Attend and be fully present for camp meetings and debriefs
- Serve as a participant or as a leader on projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an everchanging work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Enthusiastic about living the summer camp lifestyle
- Adept at social media communication and comment management
- Able to anticipate moments worth capturing on film on video
- Clear background check record
- Summer camp programming and operations experience preferred
Education and Skills
- Experience and expertise with photography and video, including editing
- Experience and expertise with social media
This position works from the Pinelands Center at Mt. Misery. Camp residency during the summer camp season may be provided in some circumstances.
Click here to apply.