Title: Summer Camp Maintenance
Supervisor: Maintenance Specialist
Dates of Employment: July 17, 2019 – August 20, 2019
We cultivate and catalyze new generations of enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ that connect, grow and lead in their congregations and communities to transform the world. GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
Next Generation Ministries view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
The Summer Camp Maintenance position serves the camp by helping ensure all campers and staff experience an orderly and well-maintained property, receive warm hospitality, and exceptional service. This position assists the work of the Maintenance Specialist. This position may also be combined with the Summer Camp Kitchen Crew Member position.
- Respond to guest requests with courtesy and a solution-focused approach so that campers feel cared for and have an enjoyable camp experience
- Maintain grounds with basic groundskeeping services so that the property grounds remain in excellent condition
- Respond to maintenance issues that arise around the property throughout the course of the summer camp so that maintenance issues are quickly addressed and do not interfere with summer camp programming
- Help move needed supplies around the camp grounds so that programs operate on time and are well-equipped
- Attend and be fully present for camp meetings and debriefs
- Serve as a participant or as a leader on projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an everchanging work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Enthusiastic about living the summer camp lifestyle
- Attend to multiple tasks simultaneously, alternating between them
- Provide gracious hospitality
- Clear background check record
- Experience and familiarity with groundskeeping and basic maintenance
- Summer camp programming and operations experience preferred
Education and Skills
- Basic knowledge of operating power and grounds tools
This position works from Pinelands Center at Mt. Misery.
Click here to apply.