Title: Summer Camp Head Male Counselor
Supervisor: Camp Program Director
Dates of Employment: July 17, 2019 – August 21, 2019
We cultivate and catalyze new generations of enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ that connect, engage and lead in their congregations and communities to transform the world.
GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
Next Generation Ministries view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
Summer Camp Head Male Counselors provide a ministry of care for all our groups, counselors, and cabin leaders. They ensure policies and procedures are followed and address camper concerns or disciplinary matters.
- Oversee all male cabins, counselors, and cabin leaders, ensuring needs are provided for so that campers and leaders are supported and cared for during summer camp
- Serve as first point of contact for counselors with regards to any questions, concerns, or needed resources or support so that all needs are met effectively and quickly to ensure an excellent camping experience
- Create and model the camp culture through enthusiastic, energetic, and playful engagement with campers, staff, and camp programming so that campers feel that they are a part of a joyful and fun community
- Model the Camp Covenant and a vibrant faith, encouraging and empowering others to do the same so that we create a camp community where all are respected, valued, and kept safe
- Support all efforts to keep the camp clean, safe, and enjoyable so that Pinelands Center remains a hospitable, welcoming, and safe place
- Attend and be fully present for camp trainings, debriefs, and wrap-ups
- Serve as a participant or as a leader on projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an everchanging work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Enthusiastic about living the summer camp lifestyle
- Confidently lead and collaborate with both children and adults
- Solve problems quickly and effectively
- Anticipate the needs of counselors, campers, and camp programming and prepare appropriately
- At least 20 years old
- Clear background check record
- Summer camp programming and operations experience preferred
Education and Skills
- High School Diploma
- CPR certified or willing to become certified
- First-Aid certified or willing to become certified
The position requires residency at Pinelands Center at Mt. Misery throughout the course of employment.
Click here to apply.