Title: Summer Camp Counselor
Dates of Employment: July 17, 2019 – August 21, 2019
Supervisor: Camp Program Director
Living Stipend: $1,250
We cultivate and catalyze new generations of enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ that connect, grow, and lead in their congregations and communities to transform the world. GNJ values as an organization and in its employees
- innovation and risk taking
- excellence in its ministry and service
- compassionate and just service
Next Generation Ministries view all employees as leaders who are critical to the mission, capable of growth and valued.
Summer Camp Counselors are the cornerstone of Next Gen Summer Camps. Counselors build relationships and lead team-building, faith-growing, and recreational activities. Our counselors bring their enthusiasm, energy, and faith to the season of Summer Camps so that campers experience a transformative week. This position may be combined with the Lifeguard or Waterfront Director positions for a raise in stipend.
- Lead a cabin of campers, in partnership with a cabin leader or other counselor, in devotionals, team-building activities, night activities, and cabin time so that campers grow in faith, self-confidence, and collaboration while having a joyful and transformational camp experience
- Create and model the camp culture through enthusiastic, energetic, and playful engagement with campers, staff, and camp programming so that campers feel that they are a part of a joyful and fun community
- Model the Camp Covenant and a vibrant faith, encouraging and empowering others to do the same so that we create a camp community where all are respected, valued, and kept safe
- Lead free-time activities with excellence so that campers know how to participate in free-time activities and have enjoyable experiences
- Support all efforts to keep the camp clean, safe, and enjoyable so that Pinelands Center remains a hospitable, welcoming, and safe place
- Attend and be fully present for camp trainings, debriefs, and wrap-ups
- Serve as a participant or as a leader on projects as assigned
- Committed to continuously grow in intercultural competence
- Build and maintain relationships that are rooted in honesty, integrity, and honor confidentiality
- Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions
- Communicate clearly and accurately, in writing and orally, with unifying messages that motivates people to action
- Attend to details and deadlines
- Adapt to an everchanging work environment so that tasks are carried out seamlessly
- Enthusiastic about living the summer camp lifestyle
- Confidently lead and collaborate with both children and adults
- Solve problems quickly and effectively
- Anticipate the needs of campers and camp programming and prepare appropriately
- At least 20 years old
- Clear background check record
- Summer camp programming and operations experience preferred
Education and Skills
- High School Diploma
- CPR certified or willing to become certified
- First-Aid certified or willing to become certified
- Certification or willingness to be certified in the following areas is preferred. The living stipend increases per certification.
- Low Ropes Course
The position requires residency at Pinelands Center at Mt. Misery throughout the course of employment.
Click here to apply.