The United Methodist Church of Red Bank, a busy mid-sized church, is seeking a professional, responsible and reliable part-time sexton. Responsibilities include routine custodial and maintenance activities such as:
• Clean appropriate areas completely and thoroughly; prioritize preventive maintenance
• Maintain inventory and order supplies
• Schedule and perform seasonal/occasional maintenance;
• Coordinate with building use schedule to set up for and manage meetings/events
• Manage heat in winter and computer-controlled air conditioning in summer.
• Manage computer-controlled security system and ascertain that the building is secure at the end of the day
• Perform routine inspections of facilities and grounded
• Test and maintain all emergency exit, safety lights, and carbon monoxide detectors
The custodian must have strong organizational skills to ensure support for both scheduled needs and last-minute requests. Possible split shift. Computer literacy for security activities and maintenance request communications is necessary. The custodian will often serve as an informal interface between the church and the public, and must be pleasant, welcoming and helpful in any interactions.
The candidate must be able to work comfortably with typical custodial equipment. Candidate must satisfactorily pass an employment background check. Hourly rate: $14; N.J. mandated earned sick leave applies.