Supervisor: Director of Communications and Development
Position Summary and Objective
The Media Production Manager (previously titled Manager of Visual Arts) is responsible for producing video content and managing the media production studio for The United Methodist Church of Greater New Jersey (GNJ) and its vital mission partners. This position elevates the communication of GNJ by creating high quality, innovative and dynamic video that grows understanding and inspires engagement to recruit and equip transformational leaders to make disciples and grow vital congregations to transform the world.
As a result of this position, the following will occur
- The vision and strategic ministry plan for the conference is represented visually.
- More churches are inspired to share GNJ videos with their congregations.
- More people are asking how to both support and engage in GNJ mission.
- Congregations are using video tools to help become more vital and growing in worship attendance, making new disciples, connecting with community residents and engaging in community mission
- Do the right thing to recruit and equip transformational spiritual leaders
- Plan, shoot, edit, and publish video content on a regular basis
- Increase understanding of making disciples and growing vital congregations by working with Connectional Ministries staff to identify and produce videos that will be an effective means to convey content
- Manage and maintain the media production studio and all audio/video equipment
- Set and achieve an annual goal to increase ministry income by managing studio space, scheduling rentals, setting rates, and promoting availability to the local region
- Produce and manage excellent graphic elements of other visual products such as presentations, worship services and PowerPoints
- Increase our photo library and photos for communication vehicles by serving as a photographer as assigned
- Reach and inform more people by exploring and testing new forms of media such as podcasts and live streaming to integrate as effective messaging tools
- Manage and secure outside vendors to support audio and visual needs as appropriate
- Ensure quality work that is achieving the GNJ mission and goals by working collaboratively with communication and other staff colleagues
This position is with The United Methodist Church and will require participating in faith activities and sharing the values of The United Methodist Church.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Deadline driven
- Open to listening and learning from the faith experiences of others with different theological views;
- Accepting and inclusive of people of other races and cultures
- Joyful in spirit
- Cooperative, collaborative, committed to the vision, mission, beliefs and values of GNJ
- A person of moral integrity and strong work ethic
- Committed to excellence
- Strong editing skills on Adobe Creative Suite and/or equivalent
- Deep and current knowledge of video equipment, especially Sony systems (FS5, A7sii)
- Professional use of social video: Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be personal and professional with “clients” and project managers
- Planning with the end result
- Effective and efficient in performing administrative tasks
- Timely in completing tasks
- An effective communicator — both written and oral
- Proactive and follow-through
- Body of work that includes promotional and documentary video
- Evidence of collaboration with clients or within an office environment
The position requires regular evening and weekend responsibilities within the Greater New Jersey region.
Click here to apply.